Hello,
I just received Altec 416A+driver 804A and horn 811B.
Pls advise small and medium enclosure plan for above set,
I don't know quality of sound from 416A between back horn loaded and bass reflex
enclosure.
Thanks,
Worrapoj
Hello,
I just received Altec 416A+driver 804A and horn 811B.
Pls advise small and medium enclosure plan for above set,
I don't know quality of sound from 416A between back horn loaded and bass reflex
enclosure.
Thanks,
Worrapoj

What size room are you putting them in.I have a pair of 416-8B's in a set of 612C's right now and they sound quite good with a 1005/288 on top.You can just build a sled for the horn/804 not as much bass as my 19's but not as big either.But super efficient. A few watts is all that is needed.
Larger Cabinet = More Bass
Smaller Cabinet = Less Bass
So if your room would allow go with a Larger cabinet. :2thumbsup: this was in an earlier thread and there are many enclosures to chose from.I would recommend a bass reflex and go with the largest cabinets you can.
Now available here:
AN-11: Construction Plans for traditional Altec enclosures:
http://alteclansingunofficial.nlenet...osurePlans.pdf
AN-12: Construction Plans for 8000-series (they use the 3000-series woofers) Altec enclosures:
http://alteclansingunofficial.nlenet...osurePlans.pdf
AN-5: Customizing Altec enclosures:
http://alteclansingunofficial.nlenet...Enclosures.pdf
Thank you very much for your recommend.
My living room size 4x8 M. but it's not enough space for larger cabinet, if I prefer to put
horn and woofer inside the cabinet. Pls recommend the type of enclosure for this limitation.
Thanks
Greets!
OK, then, tell us what is the largest height, width, depth you can tolerate along with your ear height from the floor when seated at the listening position.
GM
Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.
Thanks, maximum width & depth space for enclosure approx 28 & 26 inch, height up to
36 inch, ear height from the floor when seated at the listening position approx 30-34 inch
and far from the speaker about 76-85 inch.
Worrapoj

Those dimensions are really quite large almost as big as a model 19 39x30x21 HxWxD is what my 19's measure my concern though is the distance you are sitting only 6-7 feet from speaker.Little over 2 meters.With large cabinets/speakers IMO you should be min.8-10 feet or 3 or more meters.
IMHO you would be better off with a 12" speaker that close.Like a 414 In those links I had posted you should be able to find a enclosure that will meet your Dimensions.Just match up the closest to them.I think a 612 or 1233 would work with those dimensions.Are you building or are you looking to buy them.Maybe GM has a better cab?
Bookmarks